TT2 Devlog #25 - Tournament Improvements are on the way in patch v2.10.0!
August 3, 2018
How will you spend these final weeks of Summer?
How about earning some brand new Summer themed equipment? Or ascending your heroes to new reaches of power?
What about... Rising to the top and earning those sweet rewards as #1 in a Tournament?
We're hard at work on the next major patch for Tap Titans 2 v2.10: The Tournament Patch! This time we're improving the way tournaments are balanced. These improvements will pit players against each other in tournaments that will be closer than ever - more to-the-wire finishes, more underdog victories, and a fairer chance for all players to become uncontested champions!
What you'll find in Tap Titans v2.10
- Tournament Balance Improvements
- New Summer Theme: Including a surfing Sword Master!
- Daily Achievement Improvements!
- New artifacts
- And mooooooore!
Major Feature: Tournament Improvements
We’ve heard your frustrations regarding unfair tournament matching and have made a big effort to improve how this works! We’ve made several changes to how players are matched and have improved cheater detection and handling in our next major update.
- Every player will have the chance to claim those tournament victories: improvements to the calculation that determines your opponents will ensure tighter and more evenly balanced players will face each other!
- Improvements to score reporting to make the leaderboard standings more clear.
- No more confusion for how close you are to the top!
- New limitations will restrict players from switching to much stronger clans while active in the tournament to keep the competition fair.
- Hit the ground running with a higher starting stage on prestige when first joining a tournament.
- Compete in all new ways with new tournament bonus types, including a boost to relics gained!
- Hold on to the end of the Summer with the new Summer theme and the new surfing Sword Master!
- Set your sights on goals with achievement fixes and improvements to daily achievements. We've added multiple daily achievements with new achievement types.
Why did we finally decide to fix achievements after all this time? Achievements and daily achievements will serve a bigger purpose than ever in our upcoming clan overhaul, v3.0.
- A new tier of power with Hero ascension level 2: for those players that have maxed the final three heroes, again.
- Get a quick and clear look at your build with the Skill tree overview panel: view your entire skill tree layout on one panel.
What’s this for? This is framework for better clan interactivity, as we eventually plan on adding the option to export skill tree builds to your clipboard, and to also share your build overview panel directly with clan mates via the clan chat system.
- Better splash prioritization: attacks from your companion will land more often.
- Become more powerful, and cooler looking with new equipment sets: including the Fire Sword mythic set.
- Discover new ancient and powerful objects with five new Artifacts.
These are ideas we’re thinking about that may or may not make it into v2.10!
- Balance improvements to boss gold, along with a new end-game gold source.
- Speed improvements to both pet and Shadow Clone builds.
- A new Warlord skill tree skill? (maybe)
A little glimpse into the future of Tap Titans 2
Clan Overhaul Progress:
We have been working hard on our big clan overhaul and will continue to do as we want to bring a completely fresh and new experience to the clan system. As it stands, this update will be much bigger than our last major overhaul with v2.0 last year. Look forward to a brand new system with new strategy, mechanics, and rewards!
Unfortunately this is all we can share about the clan overhaul at this time, but we do plan on hosting another live Devlog on Twitch once we’ve finalized all of the upcoming changes.
Tap On! ⚔